Friday 13 January 2017

November 24, 2009

Hello

Do you ever meet someone and think that they look exactly like a celebrity. From my silly imagination, I’m sure that Captain Kangaroo, Maurice Chevalier and George Burns all ate dinner last night at JSB. Earl looks so much like George Burns that every time I finish our dinner prayer, I look to him (Him) for approval! (If you are too young to know the reference, George Burns played G-d in many movies. Oh, grow UP!) He is quite a character. Last night, he said of us, “G-d always puts the good people in charge!”

We have been advised to take in more guests before turning people over to Centenary Church, so I suppose there will be even more celebrities paying visits, so, as if we don’t already fall all over our guests, you may not want to forget your autograph books!

The delicious dinner included “quite a kick” yellow split pea soup, meatballs and rotini with tomato sauce, mixed vegetables, apples, clementines and desserts from a party I hosted on the weekend. They really appreciated the extra something small but sweet treat. If you ever find temptation in your freezer, or want to bake a few extra dozen batches of cookies, be sure that our guests love homemade goodies.

Also, we are in need of clean plastic grocery bags, and mens’ and womens’ winter coats, and winter gloves are going to be especially valued very soon too!
My inspiration this week to write a proper update is not at a loss; however, my time is! So, have a most wonderful week, everyone.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment